WHAT: The Emerging Leaders Initiative is an intensive executive-level training series to accelerate the growth of high- potential small businesses located in America’s underserved communities. Developed by the U.S. Small Business Administration, and drawing on the experiences of advisors and business leaders in your community, this comprehensive curriculum provides the tools to catapult your company to the next level and help it emerge as a force in your community.
The program is open to any business in Idaho. This mini-MBA like course is offered for FREE to qualifying businesses in our District (SBA District 10 which covers the state of Idaho). The KEY eligibility criteria are:
The program and curriculum are designed for the CEOs of established small businesses who want to further grow their business in terms of revenues and jobs. To benefit from Emerging Leaders the business must:
- Have been established for at least three (3) years. This program is not for start-up companies.
- Have at least one employee besides the CEO participant. It is not for the self-employed or sole proprietors.
- Annual revenue must be between $400,000 and $10 million per year.
- Be represented by the key decision maker/owner of the qualified business who will implement the growth plan (i.e. CEO, Owner, President).
- Businesses should be drawn from disadvantaged business enterprises (DBEs), HUBzone certified businesses, and/or be located in a low- or moderate-income census tract.
WHEN: Classes are forming now to start in April. Space is limited. Join us for a brief Q/A and testimonial’s from last years Emerging Leaders Boise 2015 Alumni on March 4th, 12:00-1:00pm at the Boise District Office.
WHAT’S THE COST OF TRAINING? The only costs are your time and commitment to complete the curriculum. All other costs are assumed by the U.S. Small Business Administration and local partners.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR THE EMERGING LEADERS BOISE 2016 COURSE?
Contact Gregory Yerxa at the U.S. Small Business Administration, Boise District Office at 208-334-9634 or email@example.com .
You can also visit the SBA website:
The link just below details this federally funded program and the participating States
Emerging Leaders Initiative
Our goal is to attract and vet registrants that meet the above criteria and will constitute a diverse class for the program. Geographic location is only a concern in so far as we want to ensure a selected participant will be able to make the 13 individual class dates and any required CEO mentoring activities.
More detailed information on the Idaho program can be found here: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/emerging-leaders-boise-2016-kick-off-tickets-21729008048