What do these locally owned, rural businesses have in common? Each one was selected for making a difference in their communities. 14 Magic Valley businesses, large and small were awarded as businesses “Making It In Magic Valley 2017” held on January 31, 2017 at Canyon Crest in Twin Falls. Megan Ronk, director of the Idaho Department of Commerce, was the keynote speaker. Follow this link to read the full story about this award.
All 14 businesses were selected by city officials, new and established, as well as large and small businesses. Southern Idaho Rural Development would like to focus on 4 locally owned businesses who were recognized at this event as “Making It In Magic Valley” in 4 of the communities that SIRD serves. We congratulate you all!
First Ascent Fish Farms is a unique fish farm on Clear Lakes Road north of Buhl, Idaho. Click the link for MagicValley.com story this rural small business and how they’re making a difference.
Hatfield Manufacturing Inc. of Gooding, ID manufactures equipment primarily for the strong dairy industry in Southern Idaho including the following: Dairy Equipment, Calf Raising Equipment, Implements & Attachments
Check out their website and their Youtube videos. http://www.hatfieldmfg.com
Everton Mattress doing business as Therapedic Mattress Idaho – Filer, ID
In April 2014, Everton Mattress Manufacturing was purchased by 20-year employee Chris Sanders. Sanders took over the Filer manufacturing facility while the Everton Mattress retail location in Twin Falls remains under Steve Everton’s management and ownership.
Everton Mattress Manufacturing located to Twin Falls in the 1930’s before moving operations to Filer in 2003. Therapedic Mattress Idaho is one of 15 factories producing the national brand Therapedic Mattress in the United States as well as private label, university and contract mattresses.
1. Feb 4, 2017 story on MagicValley.com on how Everton/Therapedic Mattress Idaho brings comfort to kids HERE.
2. Story clip credit: KMVT News) Full story link HERE.
3. Therapedic Mattress Idaho Facebook page.
Finally, last but not least, we congratulate Buhl, Idaho’s own Clear Springs Foods. Clear Springs Foods makes its home on the scenic Snake River Canyon of southern Idaho’s Magic Valley. Their Rainbow Trout are farm-raised in concrete raceways fed by an abundance of crystal clear spring water. Ideal growing conditions, combined with a commitment to quality and innovation, have made Clear Springs the world’s largest producer of Rainbow Trout, processing over 20 million pounds a year.
MagicValley.com story Feb 4, 2017 – Clear Springs Foods Helps Feed the Hungry
Congratulations to all 14 of the “Making it in the Magic Valley” award winners:
- Agri-Service – Twin Falls/Kimberly, is a farm equipment dealership selling machinery, parts and service support
- Barclay Mechanical and Crane – Paul, is a manufacturing company and mechanical shop, welding shop and crane service
- Clear Springs Foods – Buhl, hatches, raises, processes and ships rainbow trout
- DOT Foods – Burley, redistributes food from manufacturers to stores, which allows stores to purchase smaller quantities
- Everton Mattress “doing business as” Therapedic Mattress Idaho – Filer, is one of 15 factories licensed to produce the Therapedic Mattress brand in the U.S.
- Fabri-Kal – Burley, makes a plant-based line of food service packaging products including yogurt cups and containers used by fast food restaurants
- First Ascent Fish Farm – Buhl, raises tilapia, and ships tilapia, sturgeon, shrimp and oysters to and from Seattle
- Glanbia Foods – Twin Falls, is the world’s leading producer of American-style cheese
- Hatfield Manufacturing – Gooding, specializes in dairy and livestock handling equipment
- Herrett Stocks – Twin Falls, manufactures custom-made handgun stocks
- Idaho Milk Products – Jerome, makes milk protein concentrates, ultra-fresh cream and milk permeate powder
- Mad River Laser – Rupert, is a personalization gift shop offering services such as in-house embroidery and laser engraving
- Moss Greenhouse – Jerome, is a wholesale bedding plant grower
- The Sprinkler Shop – Paul, offers irrigation and manufacturing services and is the only galvanizing plant in the state
Photos by Pat Sutphin, Times News