Southern Idaho Rural Development was formed in 2010 to help rural communities with business expansion, relocations, and new business development.
The Director, Julia Oxarango-Ingram, is responsible for working with several rural communities in Camas, Twin Falls, Gooding and Lincoln counties to establish economic development opportunities. The goal of this organization is to draw new businesses, expand local businesses, and help create jobs.
The Southern Idaho Rural Development program is primarily funded by a grant from the Idaho Department of Commerce.
Most of our rural communities don’t have the means to hire their own economic development person, so Ms. Ingram will utilize her skills as well as working with members of these communities, business and local government to help each of these small towns grow business and add jobs in their communities.
SIRD ORGANIZATION DIRECTOR AND CURRENT BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Julia Oxarango-Ingram, Organizational Director
- (208) 309-3090
- Barb McMurdo, Chairwoman – Camas County Commission
- Dwight Butlin, Administrator – Camas County P&Z
- Scott Marolf, Mayor – City of Fairfield
- Mickey Dalin, Clerk – City of Fairfield
- Megan Stelma, Administrator – City of Fairfield P&Z
- Helen Edwards, County Commissioner – Gooding County
- Walt Nelson, Mayor – City of Gooding
- George Yerion, Chamber Board & GradeTek LLC – Gooding City & County
- Brad Christopherson, Mayor – City of Wendell
- Dan Pierson, Mayor – City of Shoshone
- Rebecca Ward, County Commissioner – Lincoln County
- Tammy Bergin Swaner, City of Shoshone
TWIN FALLS COUNTY
- Terry Kramer, County Commissioner & SIRD Board Chair – Twin Falls County, Castleford Area
- David Snelson, County Commissioner & Capricorn Financial Strategies, Inc – Twin Falls County, Filer Area
- Tom McCaulay, Mayor – City of Buhl & Thousand Springs Scenic Byway
- Rick Dunn, Mayor – City of Filer & Twin Falls County P&Z Administrator
- Zachary Kelsey, Loan Officer – First Federal Bank & City of Kimberly
STATE/REGIONAL/LOCAL ORGANIZATIONS & PRIVATE BUSINESS PREPRESENTATION
- Jeff Brekke, Gooding Chamber of Commerce & Store Manager – Valleywide County Store
- Kara Fort, Owner – 2 Serve Solutions, Inc.
- Marshall Ralph, Fairfield/Camas Community Newspaper Publisher – Weekly Beaver
- Tom Gilbertson, Commissioner – Twin Falls County Historic Preservation
- Reagon Hatch, Regional Farmm Property Specialist – Westerra Realty
- Jerry Miller, Ex Officio Member – Idaho Department of Commerce
Please Review our “Comment and Public Disclosure Policies”
The purpose of this site is to serve as a mechanism for communication between Southern Idaho Rural Development, the Cities and Counties we serve, and members of the public. Submission of comments by memebers of the public constitutes participation in a limited public forum. Post and/or comments on this site containing any of the following are not allowed:
- Comments not topically related to the particular post being commented on;
- Comments in support of or in opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures;
- Profane language or content;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- SIRD reserves the right to review/remove submissions or solicitations of commerce. Part of our mission is to highlight local business, events and services in the communities we serve, but not to directly sell products or services via our online media sites.
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems; or
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party.
This site contains posts which include hyperlinks to other webpages. Southern Idaho Rural Development guarantees neither the authenticity, accuracy, appropriateness nor security of any hyperlink, website, or content linked thereto.